Also one time he was supposed to write a violin and piano duet, and he wrote the violin part, but he didn’t really feel like writing the piano part, or was too lazy etc. When the concert came up (he played the piano while a fiend played the violin) he set up a blank piece of paper (so people would think he was reading music) and improvised. After the concert he wrote it down so it could be published
okay i’ve reblogged this before but can we just give a shoutout to the orchestra that had to sightread the overture to an audience at the premiere of an opera
Canadian Photoset #19
I love my country
Since this post was created the new 5, 10, 20 and 50 dollar bills have been rolled out which also smell like maple. God bless us all.
Cement eclipses; tiny cement skeletons haunt the streets in Mexico.
the skeleton war hit us hard
Peter Glazebrook is out of control.
Colossal carrot - 2014 (Picture: Nigel Roddis/REX (via Pictures of the day: 12 September 2014 - Telegraph))
this guy is so happy, he’s just doing his weird thing and no one can stop him
L0031936 Credit: Wellcome Library, London
Intersex Society of North America
www.isna.org PO Box 3070 MI 48106-3070
‘Phall-O-meter’ (Showing in actual scale current
medical standards employed to determine nature of
genital plastic surgery for children born with
mixed sex anatomy)
In copyright ?
Collection: Wellcome Images
please reblog the fuck out of this
Yeah it is. The phrase “three standard deviations below the mean” is the common reason for removing a male fallus and assigning the baby a female gender.
If you think about it, this actually sums up, pretty well, our society.
Unfortunately, this is nothing new and is still used today. ~Mod A
can someone explain this to me in Lehman’s terms pleSe? im confused and don’t know why everyone’s losing their shit because i don’t really understand the diagram
Okay, so there’s a wide variety of genitals out there. Here is a very simplistic chart of a spectrum genitals can fall on:
Basically the clitoris and the penis are the exact same thing, very similar anatomy. Doctors will define it as a clitoris or penis depending on 1. if it has a urethra going through it and 2. it’s size. The diagram is the one they use to decide if they want to call the baby a girl or boy or intersex. Many babies are put through genital surgeries (sometimes without the parent’s knowledge or permission) to make them look more like a penis or more like a vulva which can cause many health problems as it is a surgery, or other problems related to being assigned a gender. Any kind of surgery that isn’t necessary for health should not be performed on babies because they cannot consent.
AND THIS IS WHAT WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY SEX IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!
Fashionable humanstuck ladies…. and Equius.
Aradia | Nepeta | Terezi | Equius | Feferi
A hugging octopus necklace that appears ghostly white by day, then wakes at night to glow brilliantly in turquoise and highlighter yellow.
Click here to see it.
A bit about fighting demons!
what the fuck this is awesome
so okay i just need to make a post about this new anime i started watching, Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru
it’s a magical girl anime, and one of the main characters is disabled
Togo was in an accident when she was little and hasn’t been able to…
Harry Potter Cookbook:
- Title: Magic Edible Harry Potter Wands
- Yield: n/a
- There are multiple Harry Potter-related recipes posted under my ‘hp cookbook’ tag.
- Image and recipe source are the same.
For the wands:
- 500g sugar
- a tablespoon of corn syrup
- white and black chocolate depending on the type, that you would like to make
- Aluminium foil
- wood pole or a long wooden spoon with a diameter of one cm
- fondant (if you need a recipe, check out this site)
- icing colours
For the “magic
method one: (Indicator reaction)
- red cabbage sauce (as a pH-indicator)
- L-Arginin (you can get it in the apothecary)
- Citric acid (you can get it in the apothecary)
method two: (colouring the tongue)
method three: (making water glow under UV light)
Making the Mold:
- First you will have to measure the right length according to the wand, that you would like to make and mark it on the wooden stick. Here are some length, that you can use:
- Albus Dumbledore 16 inch
- Draco Malfoy 10 inch
- Hermione Granger 10.75 inch
- Harry Potter 11 inch
- Ron Weasley 14 inch (his second one)
- Rubeus Hagrid 16 inch
- Lord Voldemort 13.5 inch Now take the aluminium foil and cut it to the correct length plus an additional 2 cm. Roll the aluminium foil around the wooden stick and tighten the end by twisting it, as shown in the second picture.
- To prevent the hot liquid sugar burning your hand, we are going to build a small handle out of wire, as shown in the fourth picture (in making images).
Cooking the Sugar
- Now we will cook the sugar, we tried making the wands entirely out of chocolate, but they melted pretty fast and lost their form.
- Add about 250 ml of water to 500 g of sugar and slowly heat the mixture. Stir until it starts boiling and add a tablespoon of corn syrup. Let it cook until it has about 300°F, if you want you can add food colouring. Set the pot for about 10 second on a table cloth and after that time CAREFULLY pour it into the aluminium forms.
- If you don’t have a candy thermometer don’t worry, you can find out whether you mixture is ready, by taking a spoon and letting a huge drop of it fall into cold water, if it immediately hardens and you can break it like glass, it’s ready.
Hints on cooking sugar:
- If you are having problems with your sugar crystallizing, instead of having a nice clear result, try using a brush with a little bit of water and wipe the inside of your cooking pot with it until there is no more sugar that has crystallized.
- Another thing you can try is to dip the pot into room temperature water, to immediately stop the cooking process, after the sugar has reached 300°F.
- Fondant worked perfectly for the handles, because chocolate melts pretty fast in the hands and it’s easier to mold.
- We covered the rest of the wands with chocolate, as shown in the pictures. If you want them to colour your tongue add powdered food colouring to it. It will only stain your tongue and not the chocolate.
- After you are done place your wands in the fridge.
The Fun Part
- As shown in the video, in the intro step, you can produce a nice indicator reaction with your wands and red cabbage juice. All you need is a base (in our case L-Arginin) and an acid (in our case citric acid). Dip your wand into water and afterwards into one of the powders. If you now stir with it in the red cabbage juice (dilute it with a bit of water) it will change its colour.
- As you can see in the second and third picture, if you add powdered food colouring to your chocolate the wand will colour your tongue, while you are eating it.
- If you dip your wand into vitamin B2 and then into water, it will start to glow under UV light.